Window and Door Repairs
The core of our business is glass replacement. Throughout our years we have encountered every style of window and door made. Make sure to ask us before considering replacing your windows. We can service all windows and doors.
Some facts about your windows:
- Modern homes are most commonly built using vinyl windows with insulated glass units(double pane). The glass units inside your windows are designed to provide better efficiency compared to the old single glass used in the past. When new developments are built, your builder is often looking to save every dollar in order to remain profitable. Unfortunately, this means installing glass and windows that meet minimum code. Sealed glass units vary in quality and the majority we see in modern developments are made with the cheapest materials.
- We custom make each unit using the best materials at a very reasonable price. If our units fail we lose you as a future customer.
- Glass cracks sometimes for no obvious reason. Cold winters often cause your vinyl window to expand and contract, putting pressure on the glass and causing hairline cracks. Sometimes glass is too tight inside your window.
- Condensation or fogginess means the seal has failed. Time to replace.
- Insulated glass units generally hold their seal for an average of 10 years. Many last longer, some less. You may find that the glass with more sun exposure will go first.
- Date of manufacture is always on the inside seal of any unit made by a reputable manufacturer. Go look!
- Insulated glass units have options to increase efficiency, including Low-e and reflective coatings, and Argon gas. Also we offer different spacers in between the glass to help keep glass warmer on the inside.
- Patio door glass is always safety tempered and a regular annealed glass (non tempered) should never be used.
- Most parts on windows and doors are replaceable. Don't be fooled into thinking you have to change your entire window because it's not working well.